If you have spent hours browsing internet looking for a high quality trail camera, this might be a decent solution. Stealth cam presents Stealth cam G42 No-Glow Trail Camera which can successfully be used for hunting, game movement tracking or property surveillance. This trail camera is equipped with a range of functionalities which make it stand out compared to other similar surveillance cameras.
Stealth cam G42 Records with Impressive Picture Quality
Stealth cam g42ng touts 10 megapixel TRIAD technology with four resolution modes at 10MP/8MP/4MP/2MP. The effective recording range of 100 feet is powered with 42 no glow IR emitters. Flash on the Stealth cam g42ng is quite powerful occasionally producing white outs when focused on close objects. Overall the night time picture quality is good especially when 10MP resolution mode is selected. If you opt for the highest quality, just make sure you are using an SD card with plenty of storage space. You can upgrade the memory of this camera up to a good 32GB which will take away your worry about the storage.
Better to see once than hear a hundred times, so here are video snapshots which showcase Stealth cam g42ng night and day time recording picture quality:
Super Quick Detection with 60ft Range
The sub-1 second trigger speed of stealth cam g42ng is ideal to capture fast moving objects. Equipped with Reflex TM functionality produces quick half a second trigger action and short five second recovery time. This trail camera is fully capable to detect motion within considerable width and depth. The stealth cam g42ng comes with Multi-Zone detection feature which guarantees precision of recording at distance as well as angle. The maximum detection range of this trail camera is 60ft.
- 0 Megapixel (4 resolution settings) 10mp / 8mp / 4mp / 2mp
- HD Video recording 5-180 seconds w/ audio
- Time Lapse Function w/ PIR Override
- 42 “BLACK” IR Emitters / 100ft range
- Quick Set
- Burst Mode 1-9 images per triggering
- 0-59 sec / 1- 59 min recovery time out
- External LCD status display
- Time / Date / Moon Phase / Temperature
- SD Card slot up to 32GB
- Test Mode
- USB output
- Operates on 8 ‘AA’ batteries
- External power jack for 12V battery box
- Durable weather proof housing
- H: 5.5″ / W: 4.0″ / D: 2.5″
Pros and Cons of Stealth cam g42ng
- Ease of set up. Takes just few minutes to install and get it going.
- Best day time picture quality with vivid colors and near perfect focus. Almost no blur in pictures taken during a day
- Works great under any weather condition and can be used throughout a year
- Lightning fast detection speed. Trigger action is truly impressive at 0.5 seconds. Recovery time of 5 seconds is not the best, but is still decent.
- NiMH batteries do not often work effectively during night or under low light conditions which might preclude the trail camera from operating effectively. You might need to use alkaline or lithium batteries as a backup.
- Stealth cam g42’s night time pictures are of good quality. However there might be occasional white outs under low light conditions due to overly powerful flash. This is does not happen too often, but still something to consider.
Stealth cam g42ng is not the cheapest trail camera, but it is certainly one of the best in the class and offers great value for money. Its superb picture quality with four resolution options, lightning fast trigger speed, wide detection range and ease to use make it a worthwhile investment. There certainly are cheaper trail cameras (e.g. Simmons Whitetail Trail Camera ) which come for almost a half of Stealth cam g42ng price, but can’t really measure up to Stealth cam g42ng.
If you found this trail camera review informative, check out Top 10 Surveillance Cameras of Summer 2015.